Environmental policy of HŽP, a.s.
The current priority of company management is satisfying customer expectations, wishes and requirements through the high quality of its products and services. To achieve this aim a quality management system that is compliant with the ISO/TS 16949:2002 standard has been implemented in the company.
Another company step in accomplishing a high level in the field of management is to fulfil and keep promptly and constantly all valid legal rules, i.e. laws, directives and regulations in the area of environment. To achieve this idea the company management supports implementing the environmental protection management system in accordance with the ISO 14 001 standard and its integration into the current management structure. The HŽP objective is to certify this system.
The company management adopts the following Environmental Policy:
- Accept the sustainable development principles stressing the efficient use of the environmental protection management system.
- Based on objective checks, measurements and monitoring of environmental impacts, process the "Company Environmental Profile" annually with the aim of comparing actual data with the Environmental Policy obligations and thus prove by evidence the sustainable development process.
- Improve through innovations not only product quality and product range but understand this as a tool of reducing production costs and operational energy intensity, production modernization and providing quality service for production and auxiliary equipment which will as a result decrease environmental load.
- Constantly and consistently conduct the analysis of raw material and material consumption, putting an emphasis on their maximum use and reducing all kinds of waste.
- Notify the employees, public and state administration bodies promptly and fully about all important impacts of the production activity on the environment and the procedures of their regulation and verification.
- Cooperate with the state administration bodies and other institutions on implementing the regional and state environmental policies. Meet requirements of laws in force and other requirements.
- Respect during its manufacturing process its neighbours, and make efforts to eliminate or reduce as much as possible negative impacts of our activities on the environment. Hold an open dialogue with all stakeholders and provide them with all important information.
- Employ an employee educational system for continuously increasing their awareness and imparting necessary knowledge and experience in the area of the environment.