Employees have huge and basically unlimited potential. If such potential is directed properly, the company can more easily overcome the barriers and obstacles related to doing business. On the other hand, it is necessary for the company to take due care of this employee potential.
Over the last couple of years almost every company has been struggling for customers and existing in an environment of uncertainty. However, in order for a company to succeed under such conditions, it is necessary to create a flexible organizational structure, to communicate efficiently, and to make use of employee knowledge and skills, and growing employee performance and willingness to learn. The company has to be able to adapt flexibly to new conditions and look for ways to identify changes as quickly as possible and respond to them properly. However, the bearers of the ability to recognize the changes are not machines and equipment but the people employed by the company. These people have certain experience, professional knowledge, skills, they are motivated to help the company and are involved in fulfilling determined goals.
In human resources practice the directive methods of people management are gradually dying out and much more managerial attention is paid to soft skills and the processes of continuous learning and improving. According to the model of learning organizations ways are sought after for how to make communication more efficient, how to cooperate in teams, how to educate systematically and more efficiently, how to assess employees, and how to link all of these human resources activities with the company strategic objectives. And we set out on this path in 2007.
In October 2008 we started working on getting the international standard of human resources management called "Investors in People", which should help our company to direct itself towards continuous performance improvement, the growth of employee motivation at all levels of the organizational structure, and to create a direct link between the goals which the business itself strives to reach and the goals of individual employees.
The key for us is a professional satisfaction of employees, its impact on employee performance and company success, the managerial role, camaraderie, forming working attitudes, personal individual development, and employee care. We realize that the key success factor is an educated, sufficiently motivated and efficiently managed labour force.
We realize that mere investment into employee education and development itself is not enough and will not ensure a permanent impact on business and organizational performance. The human resources development has to be primarily connected with business objective changes, it has to be supported by an inspirational and efficient leadership and by an efficient managerial practice and managerial skills.
IMPLEMENTED HR PROJECTS:
- New system of optional benefits through a web application – CAFETERIA SYSTEM (January 2010)
- Update of job descriptions for all positions (October 2009)
- Methodical process of employee education and development linked to the company strategy (July 2009)
- The Human Resources Development Operational Programme – Adaptability and Business (completed successfully in March 2009)
- Employee involvement in the company operation – the NERV HŽP group founded ("our efficient management council") (January 2009)
- New system of internal communication and increase in awareness (January 2009)
- The Investors in People standard – implementation launched (November 2008)
- A new system of employee appraisal by means of a web application launched (August 2008)
- Human Resource Development Operational Programme implementation (completed successfully in August 2008)
- New remuneration system for production and indirect labour employees (January 2008)
HR strategy update is now going on
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Efficient employee leadership
- Employee satisfaction
- Inter-personal relationship, good atmosphere, awareness and openness
- Education and development